Combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. We call FIRST Robotics Competition the ultimate Sport for the Mind. High-school student participants call it "the hardest fun you’ll ever have".
Under strict rules, limited resources, and an intense six-week time limit, teams of students are challenged to raise funds, design a team 'brand", hone teamwork skills, and build and program industrial-size robots to play a difficult field game against like-minded competitors. It’s as close to real-world engineering as a student can get. Volunteer professional mentors lend their time and talents to guide each team.
Each season ends with an exciting FIRST Championship. In FIRST Robotics Competition Teams get to:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Master STEM skills
- Learn and use sophisticated software, hardware, and power tools
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design
- Improve teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place at the FIRST Championship
- Qualify for millions of dollars in college scholarships
- Saturday — January 05, 2019
1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Neighbors Empowering Youth Make-It Space
2011 Lincoln Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
Neighbors Empowering Youth
Since 1998, Neighbors Empowering Youth (NEY) a 501c3 service organization, has implemented technology service programs impacting numerous lives. To advance NEY's mission and goals to help our youth become more fluent in science, technology, engineering and math "STEM" subjects. NEY's After School Programs will focus on the EDGE project:
(Educated, Dedicated, Gifted and Empowered) at its new satellite location, 2011 N. Lincoln Ave. Pasadena, CA. Offering a balance of academic support, technology enrichment workshops, project-based learning programs, community service events and activities, college scholarship and internship opportunities. It’s a recipe for successful workplace readiness and preparation for future achievement...