The first Innovate Pasadena Summer Hackathon and Job Fair on August 7th, sponsored by OpenX and Ayzenberg, is now open for free registration on eventbrite here.
The hackathon will focus on the creation of a web and mobile app to help California and Pasadena residents specifically keep an eye on their water consumption during the worst drought in recent history. The purpose of the app will be to help individuals determine their water usage and savings potential by changing basic habits, fueling real-time ad creative as well as social sharing of individual as well as group conservation goals, when reached.
The event will also feature a job fair with recruitment teams from top local tech and creative companies such as OpenX, Ayzenberg and YP. If your company or organization is interested in participating, you can also sign up for a table on the registration page. We are looking at having around 10 companies participating in the job fair.
This is a great way to show off your hacking skills for a good cause and have the chance to win a cash prize and meet top recruiters from greater Pasadena as well as network and learn more about all the great companies in the area! The schedule for the event is below. See you on August 7th at OpenX!
- 9:30am Doors open, Coffee and Pasteries Served
- 10:00am Opening remarks from Richard F. Harasick with LA DWP, OpenX Labs Director Caleb Sotelo, Ayzenberg Executive Director Jay Baage & Innovate
- Pasadena Co-Chair Andy Wilson
- 10:30am Kick Off with OpenX’s Caleb Sotelo, going over guidelines, rules, judging criteria
- 11:00am Hacking begins!
- 12:30pm Hosted Lunch for Hackathon participants
- 3:00pm Job Fair Starts
- 5:00pm Hard stop for hacking, teams submit their projects for review
- 5:15pm Presentations
- 5:45pm Judges Deliberate
- 6:00pm Winner announced and refreshments and snacks served
- 8:00pm Event Concludes