Learn how to process and model historical data, do data visualization and generate insights with Coronavirus data.
This is an online event. The access link will be emailed to you directly.
In this live online workshop, you will be walked through an ongoing data science project led by RMDS Lab on the topic of coronavirus, specifically:
- Collection and preprocessing data of COVID-19
- Use machine learning techniques to model historical data
- Data visualization
- To gain a deep understanding of data analytic workflows that serve as the foundation for utilizing data to generate insights.
- To learn how to collect, process, and analyze data related to an emergency event.
- To know useful ways of data visualization for information/viewpoint delivery
- Participants who are interested in the application of data science in everyday life.
- Participants who are interested in learning data analytics workflow and application in their daily work and study.
- Participants who want to learn more about COVID-19 from a data science point of view.
- Thursday — March 26, 2020
6:00PM - 9:00PM
Research Methods and Data Science Meetup
This Research Methods and Data Science (RMDS) meetup group is devoted to make big data & AI useful, and to promote big data technologies. It is a meet-up group bringing together people from research methodology, data science, data professional services, AI and computing in the greater Los Angeles area.
The focus of the group is about utilizing big data & AI technologies to improve data analytics & research for social good, and to promote research methods and data science innovation. On a regular base, we run workshops on big data analytics that can be applied to model and visualize open data and other complicated big data sets. Also, we will organize special meetings to discuss special data science projects, as well as data science automation and augmentation.