Last year, I brought the Silicon Beach Fest to Pasadena through SBF: Pasadena, a full-day of panels and events in Old Pasadena. It was a really great day, but this year, we’ll be taking another approach. Rather than having our own day, Innovate Pasadena will be going to the Beach! Pasadena entrepreneurs and executives will be on various panels throughout the week. Here are a couple panels to watch out for:
THURSDAY, JUNE 19 @ 12NOON – CROSS CAMPUS
Raising Money and Building A Business On The Eastside
The Westside is not the only area in LA with start-ups and innovative companies. High-tech and science entrepreneurs have moved out of the labs and they are using design and branding power to start revolutionary companies on the Eastside. With unique arts and science institutions like Art Center College of Design, CalTech and JPL, is there a particular type of business that tend to emerge on the Eastside rather than on the Westside? What does the future hold for collaboration and cross-pollination between East and West?
* Moderator: Joakim “Jay” Baage, Executive Director, Ayzenberg Group
* Mark Breitenberg, Co-Founder at The Design Accelerator; Special Assistant to the President, Art Center College of Design
* Nicholas Cumins, SVP, Product, OpenX (Funding $75.5M)
* Gladys Kong, CTO and General Manager, Uber Media (Funding: $34.4M)
* Ali Amagasu Director of Marketing, Metacloud (Funding $25M)
THURSDAY, JUNE 19 @ 3PM – CROSS CAMPUS
Where in LA Does Your Startup Belong?
From the South Bay to the Valley, from the Westside to the East Side… entrepreneurs love LA, but what’s the right fit for your startup? A panel of experts from the various regions around Los Angeles and Orange County discuss the pros and cons of each of LA’s technology sectors and what makes each of them unique.
* Moderator: Michelle Crames, EIR/Head of Private Equity, Science
* Andy Wilson, Co-Founder, Innovate Pasadena; Co-Founder & CEO Rexter
* Jack Bicer, Founder and CEO SekurMe (Orange County)
* Kwindla Kramer, CEO (retired), Oblong Industries, Inc. (Downtown LA)
* Sam Friedman, Co-Founder of ParkMe (Santa Monica)
For more information and registration, visit Silicon Beach Fest. TechSparks is a media partner for Silicon Beach Fest and is extending our discount code “TSPAS” for 15% registration on regular full passes or Thursday or Friday only passes. Enter the code at check-out. See you all at the Beach! Jennifer Chang TechSparks Co-founder Innovate Pasadena Program Promotion Co-Chair!
About Silicon Beach Fest Silicon Beach Fest is LA’s original festival celebrating LA tech, entertainment & startups with panels, keynotes, workshops, mixers, and more in Santa Monica on June 18-21, 2014. Attendees include startup CEOs, accelerators, VCs, investors, Hollywood movie and music studio execs, agencies, fashion, content creators, social media gurus, developers, designers, and more from LA, Silicon Valley, OC, San Diego, New York, and international. Head to the beach on the first weekend of summer to celebrate LA’s digital innovators in tech, startups, entertainment, fashion, marketing, and more!